Schedule of Manufacturer's Warranty Period
Warranties of 2 years electrical, 6 years mechanical and 10 years paint finish apply to all Gliderol doors.
We strongly recommend that the Gliderol residential A, AA &B Series Roller Door be serviced by an authorised Gliderol Distributor or Gliderol Technician every 24 months to ensure longevity of the products life, and that the Gliderol Glidermatic Heavy Duty & Dual Roller Door Operator be serviced every 18-24 months.
PRODUCT WARRANTY CONDITIONS
1. Subject to the undermentioned specific limitations and exceptions, the Manufacturer warrants all new doors, motors and electronic components of its manufacture to be free from defect in workmanship under normal use and service and further warrants all installation carried out by the Manufacturer or by its nominated installers to be free from defects and workmanship its obligations hereunder being limited to making good any such defect PROVIDED THAT notice of any claimed defect in material workmanship in or resulting from installation of any door shall have been given to the Manufacturer within the period from date of installation as prescribed in the schedule hereto.
2. This warranty does not apply to any defect, loss or damage arising or caused directly or indirectly by or as a result of:-
(i) Any masonry rendered or other surfaces cracking or collapsing during installation of the door
(ii) Any defect or deterioration of timber including drying out after installation
(iii) Any weakening or collapse of the structure to which the doors are affixed occurring any time after installation
(iv) Any damage to or deterioration in the condition of the doors occurring in transit by customer nominated or appointed carrier or occurring after delivery and prior to installation
(v) Any defect (including defects in component parts or accessories) rising from or attributable to the failure to carry out normal preventive maintenance or adjustment
(vi) To any additional defect damage or deterioration arising from or attributable to the operation of the door after it is known to be defective
(vii) Any door being installed within 800 metres of the sea or other body of water of equivalent or greater salt concentration or in an area subject to industrial fall out
(viii) Any fault or surge in customer’s electricity supply
(ix) The door striking an immovable object during travel
3. Items excluded from Warranty:
(iv) Sensitivity adjustments
4. While Gliderol doors are long lasting and hard wearing under normal conditions this warranty does not extend to inherent defects in steel or other material used in the manufacture. The Manufacturer will however, procure and assign to the customer the benefit of the warranty of the manufacturer of the steel or other material.
5. If Manufacturer has at request of customer procured painting, powder coating or other surface application to its product this warranty does not extend to such painting, powder-coating or other surface application. For this purpose Manufacturer at all times acts as agent of customer. Manufacturer may as a service to the customer but without any legal obligation to do so, assist customer to obtain redress in respect of any defect.
6. The manufacturer reserves the right to touch up on site the paint finish and or pre-painted surfaces on its range of garage doors but no responsibility will be taken for the possibility of any paint rubs, scuffing etc on the internal wash coat finish or external painted surface.
7. Proof of purchase MUST be provided to the manufacturer at time of Warranty claim.
CONDITIONS OF SALE AND INSTALLATION
1. Manufacture of Gliderol Doors will not commence until accurate site measurements are available and can be checked.
2. Where Gliderol Doors are made to suit floor levels, lintel heights or opening sizes guaranteed by the customer, any departure from the given sizes will be the responsibility of the customer as will any costs involved in alteration of made-up Gliderol Doors.
3. Any delivery, and/or installation dates given are approximate only and the Manufacturer accepts no liability for delay from any cause whatsoever. If by any reason or Act of God, war, government or semi-government enactment. Regulation or restriction, lock-out, strike, industrial dispute, fire, tempest, flood, failure or inability to obtain licenses, transport or materials or any other cause beyond the Manufacturer’s control delivery or installation is delayed the Manufacturer may extend the time of delivery or installation or if the Manufacturer is unable to deliver or install, the contract shall be voidable at the Manufacturer’s option with no right to either party for damage, loss, cost or expense.
4. If these conditions of sale (which shall only be varied, modified or rescinded by written agreement executed by the Manufacturer) shall differ in any respect from the customer’s acceptance or confirmation then these conditions shall prevail.
5. Any claim for damaged product must be made within 7 days of installation or delivery.
6. The Manufacturer may carry out installation or may nominate an accredited Installer Contractor to carry out the work. Installation is then a matter of separate contract with the Installer whose particulars are either provided in this Quotation or will be provided upon confirmation by the customer. The Manufacturer has taken all reasonable care to ensure that any Installer Contractor nominated is competent, experienced and skilled in the installation of the Manufacturer’s doors. The Manufacturer will at all times use its influence to ensure any installation complaint is dealt with promptly and resolved to the reasonable satisfaction of the customer. The customer’s attention is also directed to the terms of the warranty above.
7. Installation by Gliderol covers only the installation of the door and not, unless specifically stated, any rectification of existing out-of-square openings or removal of old doors and fittings or electricity or gas fittings or the like. Installation by Gliderol does not include the removal or taking away of any old doors from the property or of disposing of such doors.
8. Whilst reasonable care will be taken while drilling and fixing, the Manufacturer and its Installers will not be responsible for the failure, from any cause whatsoever, of any masonry or rendered surfaces while drilling or fixing by cracking or collapsing.